Thursday 8 November 2012

Love your local radio station

BBC Radio Northampton 104.2FM 103.6FM

I know I'm going on about this, but my choir is performing in a concert on Saturday in aid of Help for Heroes. Not that it's filling my every waking moment. I sat up in bed with a start a couple of nights ago worrying about chaperones for the young performers. Then today, someone asked the perfectly reasonable question: 'Does the keyboard we are borrowing have a music stand?' I don't know; never thought to ask; put it on the list of things to sort out.

Getting publicity for the event has been challenging. Our formerly daily local paper is now weekly, so there is increased competition for space. With this in mind the choir decided for the first time ever to take out a paid-for advert to appear in last week's paper, giving readers 10 days to rush out and by their tickets. The paper took our money but didn't run the ad. Profuse apologies were forthcoming, and the ad is in tonight (twice, actually!), but that's not the point.

So local radio to the rescue. The fabulous team at BBC Northampton have mentioned us in several shows and I've been on air twice doing my Sixty-second Sell. So huge thanks to everyone in the mighty Abington Road studio for all their support.  

No comments:

Post a Comment