Friday 20 September 2013

All change: here comes an equinox


Celebrate the small things with me and the rest of the blog-hoppers via VikLit's Scribblings of an Aspiring Author blog, here.

Let's celebrate the changing seasons. We might be sad to see the summer go, but who doesn't love a walk in the bright autumn sun with the leaves crunching underfoot and the smell of a bonfire in the air? (Cue Jusin Hayward: 'Through autumn's golden gown we used to kick our way!') As it happens, we've just had a missive from the allotment committee to say that we aren't going to be allowed bonfires any more. Some numpty fellow allotmenteer managed to set himself alight, so we're all being penalised. Seems a shame to me.


Crawford and cards
Photo from http://londonmumsmagazine.com
Those of you who have kindly been following me for a while might remember my post from July last year entitled Boy genius? (It's here, if you'd like to read it.) Crawford Johnston was 14 at the time and had devised 'Creative Writing Magic Money Cards' as a way to help nine to 15-year-olds improve their creative writing skills. He was enjoying modest success. I have heard from again and it seems his business idea is going from strength to strength. You can read the update on the London Mums Magazine website: here. So, let's celebrate entrepreneurial spirit in the young!




7 comments:

  1. I love the Autumn. Today I shall be going to the Peak District for some glorious time away from technology... and writing! Shall go and read about the boy genius.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Wendy. Enjoy the Peak District.

      Delete
  2. I'm actually not sad to see the summer go - autumn and winter are my favourite seasons! I love everything about them, including the cold :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahh I do celebrate enterprising actions in the young!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great thing to celebrate and what a smart young boy. It's really nice to see a kid doing something other than playing computer games.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am in the southern hemisphere, so we are already in spring (you wouldn't know by the weather). I am celebrating at Laugh Quotes

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks to all my visitors for their comments.

    ReplyDelete