£££££Imagine you have £5 to give to charity. No excuses: you have to give £5 to charity today, right now. What are you going to do?
- Are you going to pledge it to Pudsey? The BBC is awash with plucky children telling us how even the smallest donation can make a big difference. Terry Wogan calls Children In Need 'the widow's mite charity'.
- Maybe your heart is moved by the desperate situation in the Philippines. Over 10,000 souls lost. Will it be Oxfam or the Red Cross?
- Or what about sending it to Cancer Research UK, or Macmillan, or Leukaemia Care?
- Or has your family been touched by tragedy via another route? Send your money instead to the British Heart Foundation, or Shine, or Mencap.
- How about looking closer to home? Isn't that where charity begins? Give your money to the youth club down the road that needs its toilets refurbishing, or that women's shelter, or the food bank, or the Sure Start centre.
- Why not spend the money on 'good causes' lottery tickets? That's £5 well spent, surely - and then if you win you can donate even more.
- Or what about ...? You get the picture.