Friday 30 May 2014

What day is it?

I've been all over the place this week, and I'm blaming the Bank Holiday weekend. I was in on my own on Monday, and it felt like Sunday because I knew my husband was playing golf. I've been out of sync ever since. I didn't go to FitSteps on Tuesday, because I forgot it was Tuesday - even though I'd been out to teach my regular yoga class (luckily). Yesterday it was Friday in my head, and today: well, I don't know what day it is.

I've been really busy all week, but haven't earned much money somehow. It's because I've been putting out feelers and catching up on admin and so forth. I've had three enquiries about new yoga ventures, one of which has already fallen by the wayside (I'm too expensive, apparently) and the other two I'm interviewing for over the next couple of weeks.

On the writing front, I've made good progress with my FutureLearn course, followed up some leads from the creative workshop last Saturday and entered three competitions. Paid work wise, I've done some subbing and a little gentle proofing.

So I'm celebrating having made it to the end of the week without missing anything important - unless, of course, you know different.
***
Have you got something to celebrate? 'Celebrate the small things' is a bloghop instigated by VikLit on her blog Scribblings of an Aspiring Author and co-hosted by Diana Wilder, LG Keltner @ Writing Off the Edge, Cyborg Mom (Katie) and CaffeMaggieato @ mscoffeehouse. Details are here.

7 comments:

  1. Sometimes making it to the end of the week is worth celebrating. You've clearly been busy, but you made it. Hopefully you can relax sometime soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had a lovely catch-up day today (Sunday), thanks.

      Delete
  2. I know what you mean, Julia. I've been all over the place this week too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those holiday Mondays have a lot to answer for! Hope your other classes work out, Julia.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you've been a busy bee to me Julia. Well done on the course as well. I'm doing that one. It's great fun isn't it?

    ReplyDelete