Friday 13 March 2015

Let's celebrate the small things

Anyone who works from home, like me, will probably have achieved little today because of Dermot O'Leary's 24-hour dance marathon being shown on the Red Button. Good grief, that man's astonishing. His commitment definitely needs celebrating - and let's wish the Comic Relief team all the best for the TV extravaganza this evening. I shan't see it, because I'm going to see Dylan Moran, but I'm going to wear my Red Nose t-shirt and I'll be ready for when they pass the hat round, as they surely will.

I'm also celebrating two new friends from Phoenix, Janet and Nicole, who stayed with us this week. Nicole is planning to come to England to study, so she and her mum have been checking out the lie of the land and visiting some universities. Janet is a friend of a second cousin whom I haven't seen for a about 20 years, but we keep in touch via Facebook.

Finally, is it too soon to start celebrating the life and times of Terry Pratchett?
Have a great weekend, folks.

To be part of the Celebrate the Small Things blog hop, all you have to do is put your name on the linky list on Lexa's Blog, and then post every Friday about something you're grateful  for that week.  

6 comments:

  1. A dance marathon? So cool! Yay for guests from overseas, especially when you haven't seen them in a long time. It's never too late to celebrate Mr. Pratchett. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy the evening out. Terry will be missed, definitely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you've had a great week! Enjoy your weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dermot seems such a lovely guy. I'm sure everyone will be celebrating Terry Pratchett by now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lexa, Dixie, Laura and Rosemary, thanks for taking the time to comment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love new friends! :D Sounds like you had quite the time. I'd been under the weather for a while but I'm feeling better now, so I'm reaching out to my fellow CTST hoppers to say Hellerrrrr! :) Have a great day. Eva

    ReplyDelete