Tuesday 26 May 2015

And that's jazz

The quest for live music goes on. I went to four events last week: Fairport Convention at the Arts Centre; The Undercover Hippy and Matt Woosey house concerts in my friend Rachel's flat; and then a trip to my old home town for Tom Kincaid and Matt Palmer at the gloriously named Black Dog Jazz Cafe. On the ticket (pictured), note the inclusion of an 'interval platter'. When was the last time you enjoyed one of those? Fair to say this is an eclectic mix, but what they have in common, apart from fabulous music, is small venues. It really is the best way to experience live music.

This week is going to be quieter. I've given my Dara O'Briain ticket to my son because it's for Thursday and I don't want to miss ukulele practice again. I'm sure he and his dad will have a great time.

It looks rather quiet on the work front, so I shall either clean the house (pah!) or catch up with some reading. I'm in the middle of Christopher Fowler's The Bleeding Heart, which is one of the Bryant  & May detective stories. Love this writer. I'm also dipping in and out of Fragile Things, which is a short story collection by the man who can do no wrong, Neil Gaiman.

I'm hoping that if I surround myself with talented people and their works some of it will rub off on me eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment