Sunday 3 January 2016

Onwards!

The decorations are down and we have eaten up the orts, save for the last few chocolates, which are currently being despatched by number two son and his girlfriend. The post-Christmas jigsaw is ready on the dining table. Order has been restored.

I've posted on my other blog (Yoga? Here's what I'm thinking) my reasons for not setting myself any New Year resolutions. Why set myself up to fail? However, I am going to try to lead a more considered life this year, by which I mean living a bit more mindfully (and I use the word here in the general sense of paying attention, rather than simply doing stuff on automatic pilot). Whether I shall be able to wean myself  off eating my lunch in front of the TV remains to be seen.

However, I'm absolutely determined to write more short stories this year. I have spent some time today working through Morgen Bailey's online course Entering Writing Competitions, so there should be no stopping me!

4 comments:

  1. Decorations down already, What would your Mother say ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They come down on New Year's Day, Tim, so we begin with a clean slate/house.

      Delete
  2. All the best with your short stories, Julia! I didn't make any resolutions this year but intend getting more organised.

    ReplyDelete