Friday 20 May 2016

This week's 'Celebrate the small things'

Today I'm celebrating the support of everyone who has a downloaded my short story 'Scoring an Own Goal in Tennis' from Amazon's Kindle. Thank you; your support is much appreciated.

I'm also celebrating a very busy week, during which I've written and edited  lots and lots of words. It's a funny old game, this writing business. Sometimes the words flow really easily and I can churn out an article or story without too much wringing of hands. Other times, I struggle to write a picture caption.

I'll tell you what else can be challenging: people's response when I tell them what I do. They say:
'Have you written anything I might have read?' I don't know: what have you read?
'Do you write fiction or just non-fiction?' Both, but what makes you think facts are easier?
'Will you take a look at my book?' Well, that depends how long it is and why you want me to look.
And my particular favourite:
'Oh yes, I'm going to write, when I have the time.' So you think it's that easy, and it's something that can be slotted in between other, more important tasks? By all means, have a go.

Enjoy the weekend, folks.

Celebrate the Small Things  is a blog hop. Visit Lexa's Blog for the rules, and then post every Friday about something you're grateful  for that week. Originated by VikLit) and co-hosted by L.G. Keltner @ Writing Off The Edge and Tonja Drecker @ Kidbits Blog.   




 

6 comments:

  1. Nice to catch up again, Julia and I for one certainly don't think writing is something that is easy to do - the more I come in to contact with writers such as yourself the harder it looks! I am in awe of your craft :) Also wanted to say I am certainly enjoying my yoga (I always think of your blog when people ask me why I started) and am becoming better at my balances although my flexibility could be a lot better!! I'm looking forward to being able to "celebrate" that in the months to come :)
    Special Teaching at Pempi’s Palace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome back! Thanks for your nice comments; I'm glad you're sticking with the yoga and feeling the benefits.

      Delete
  2. Congrats on your short story's success and on all the writing and editing you've done. I remember a time wen I thought all you had to do to write a book was get a good idea and then just write it down. Ha! I think we were all naive at one time. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That last comment really gets us, doesn't it! Well done on a productive time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment, Rosemary.

      Delete