Friday 29 July 2016

Celebrating the simple things

On Monday evening, I went to a session on mindfulness led by the lovely Sarah Fereday from rainbowbutterflywings.com. One of the many simple ways she suggested bringing ourselves into the moment was literally to stop and smell the flowers. She gave the example of some beautiful yellow roses she had passed on her way to work that brightened her journey (and took her mind off an impending dull meeting).

With that in mind, today's Celebrate the Small Things is focused on the lovely flowers in my garden.
At the moment I have a supply of self-set sweetpeas that come back year after year. I don't get many blooms off them, but hey: they're free! We also have some glorious dahlias, bought on a whim from Wilkinsons. We didn't know what colours they were going to be, so I'm delighted that one of them is a vibrant purple/pink: my favourite.

And in an uncharacteristically creative moment, I've potted up a fuchsia and a trailing something in an old teacup!

I'm taking a couple of weeks off from tomorrow. Well, not a complete break, because I'm self-employed and therefore permanently anxious. However, my online presence might be reduced.

Have a lovely weekend folks, and I'll be back soon.

8 comments:

  1. How could anyone be unhappy when looking at their garden - and yours is so lovely! I love that colorful teacup, now even more colorful. Have a good break and recharge your batteries. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lexa. I'm back now and running on full power.

      Delete
  2. What a gorgeous idea/arrangement in the teacup! Have a restful time away from online.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rosemary. I think the break has done me a world of good.

      Delete
  3. Love the flower photos! Made me smile. Enjoy your break!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I envy you your sweetpeas - they're one of my favourite flowers but I've never had much success with them, they always seem to succumb to some pest or disease. But I'm brilliant at growing dandelions!
    Enjoy your break :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't take the credit, Linda. They just grow regardless of what I do!

      Delete