Wednesday 27 February 2013

Thinking caps on: 2

 

I mentioned a few weeks ago here that I had been invited to join a spiritual book club. We had our inaugural meeting last night in the snug of a lovely local hotel, under the guidance of new friend Helen.

I'm sure my fellow participants won't mind my saying that we were a curious bunch, in both senses of the word. Amongst us were a number of healers of various persuasions and those who have been healed, and ladies who believe they are challenging energies from various sources, including God and Native Americans. And then there was me: confused but inquisitive. 

It was a very good first session, in which we discussed books that had influenced us and set out our stalls, so to speak. In preparation for our next meeting we are going to be reading either The Disappearance of the Universe by Gary R Renard, The Healing Code by Alexander Loyd and Ben Johnson or The Easiest Way by Mabel Katz. I haven't heard of any of these: have you?

It looks as though we are in for some lively evenings. It will be interesting to see if we confine our discussions to the chosen book or whether they evolve into more general philosophical conversation. Either way, I'm looking forward to having my beliefs questioned and my horizons broadened.

No comments:

Post a Comment