Friday 15 November 2013

TFI Friday



https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEhu7XTWisqj2jtbyShhfM0dUjGbQq-XirTyzFNP5GeKtY3aZTgmhl0fDqM3jV6bKZlnRv43dZOaXPMOclO2TbAUmiRpLspDrjXa8UzoBLpvGyX-ARih_nRxxUzYsgCreRxvOQFmNZiBFZ09/s1600/vik+-+small+things+2.jpg Blogging is a funny old game. We write these words not knowing whether anyone will read them or not, and certainly not knowing what reaction there will be. Monday's blog about giving to charity had one of the highest number of readers I've ever had, but only one comment (and that came this morning).

Of course, we don't only write to be read. I've just finished Bird By Bird by Anne Lamott (one of my birthday books - fantastic). She says we should write to become better writers, because helps us to become better readers, and that is the real payoff.

As National Short Story Week comes to an end, I have just finished reading Jeffrey Archer's collection, And Thereby Hangs A Tale. Some say he's much maligned, others that he can't write for toffee. I think some of his stories are built on interesting premises, but must confess I didn't find them all that engaging. The book was given to me by a fellow volunteer at Cheltenham. He doesn't want it back, so it seems only fitting that I pass it on. Let me know if you'd like it. (No pushing at the back!)

So I'm celebrating the joy of reading and of unexpected gifts. How about you?

1 comment:

  1. Unexpected gifts are worth celebrating and reading is the giver of much joy in my life.

    ReplyDelete