Monday 5 January 2015

How many days to the General Election?

Highlight of the day (so far) has been listening to Jeremy Vine trying to talk to a caller about Ed Miliband's Doorstep Challenge. The caller was hard of hearing and had her radio on full blast in the background so she could hear JV, but of course this generated massive feedback. He managed to persuade her to turn it down, then he turned something up in the studio and shouted down the line to her. It was hilarious, but didn't add much to the debate. I wonder if my local candidates will call round for a chat? I won't hold my breath.

I've had two weeks off from my yoga teaching and feel re-energised - which is just as well, because I'm covering three extra classes this week for a friend who was involved in a collision with a Rottweiler. A classic case of 'blame the owner, not the animal', I think, from what my friend told me. This means my plan to write all day today has been amended, but my ideas will keep. (Did I tell you I have an article in the current issue of Picture Postcard Monthly?)

By the way, we've finished the Christmas jigsaw; check out the skeleton wearing a scarf! I need to find out more about Edward Gorey, just as soon as I've finished reading The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry by Rachel Joyce. I came late to this party, but what a book.




6 comments:

  1. HI Julia! That's funny about the radio. I hate the local calls from candidates here. It's always a round of 60 questions that supposedly "only takes a minute of your time." Sometimes I get tired, say "thank you, I'm done now," and hang up the phone.

    I don't collect postcards but what a lovely web site. I did see other things so I'll return when time is less pressing! The skeleton also has on a crazy coat, which I like (for some odd reason).

    Have a great week! Shake it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The postcard album was inherited from a distant cousin. Most of the cards are dated from the early part of the 20th Century (1906-ish). Once I started to do the research for the article, I began to see the appeal of this hobby.

      Delete
  2. Well done on your article. I love doing puzzles but can never seem to find a big enough space to do the big ones I like any more and if you attempt to do them on the floor in this house, you get either my collie or my bunnies trying to steal the pieces lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joss, we've been eating on our knees while our dining table has been out of commission. It's all about priorities!

      Delete
  3. You've beaten me with the jigsaw, mine's only two thirds done, well done with the article. Happy New Year to you and yours x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We hardly moved from the puzzle for two whole days. It was harder than it looks.

      Delete