Friday 28 August 2015

Ah - a long weekend beckons

It has been an uneventful week, other than the usual mix of work and wotnot. I've done quite a bit of word-wrangling and teaching, and managed to fit in a couple of urban walks, too.

Chief celebration, however, is that we have a new neighbour at the allotment - and from the start he's made on his digging I'd say he's going to be a welcome addition to our community. His plot has been untended for several months, so it's lovely to see the weeds coming down and the soil being turned.

This wilderness is disappearing
We have a few music events on locally over the next couple of days, included one that is being organised by number two son, so I think we shall be sitting back with a pint and letting the entertainers do their thing.

Have a good weekend, folks.

Celebrate the Small Things  is a blog hop. Visit Lexa's Blog for the rules, and then post every Friday about something you're grateful  for that week. Originated by VikLit) and co-hosted by L.G. Keltner @ Writing Off The Edge and Tonja Drecker @ Kidbits Blog 

7 comments:

  1. The allotment looks lovely and I'm glad there's someone new to care for his spot. Congrats on word-wrangling, teaching, and urban walks. I hope you have a lovely time at the music show your son organized!

    (Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm quite jealous you're putting on socks at night! I'll have to wait 3 more months...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely garden and add that to evening music, and it sounds amazing. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Julia,

    Here's to enjoying your pint at your son's music show! Have a lovely week!

    Desiree Yearning
    Author/ Sign-up for my Blog at my website!
    e:desireeyearning@gmail.com | w:http://desireeyearning.weebly.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like it'll be a fun weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm intrigued by the 'urban' walks. I don't know why, but it conjures up images of red-bricked factories and iron bridges!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're not far wrong, Wendy. There are some lovely remnants of the boot and shoe industry in our town, and, if you look up, some fabulous architecture.

      Delete