Friday 7 August 2015

Anything small to celebrate today?

Well, no, not really. I've had another challenging week (Thanks, Parcelforce) and it's all been a bit glum. It's not as though anything bad has happened and I know that compared to many I lead a charmed life. I'm not waiting for my chance to walk through the Channel tunnel, for instance. I'll dig deep and see what I can come up with:
  • There's plenty of food coming home from the allotment
  • The gym where I teach on Tuesdays has taken to leaving us free cordial and water
  • The photo I bought at an exhibition last weekend has been delivered
Sorry, folks, will try harder next week.

Celebrate the Small Things  is a blog hop. Visit Lexa's Blog for the rules, and then post every Friday about something you're grateful  for that week. Originated by VikLit) and co-hosted by L.G. Keltner @ Writing Off The Edge and Tonja Drecker @ Kidbits Blog 

10 comments:

  1. A writer I like from way back (Robert Raynolds) said 'The Wonder of Life is Composed Mostly of Trivia'. I think he's right. It's the little things, almost unnoticed, that underlie our lives that make them good. I'm not sure I could stand to win the Irish Sweepstakes every week (but I'd love to have the chance to find out..._

    I'd celebrate the vegetables, the picture and the cordial and smile. Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think there's always something to celebrate---all of those small things really do add up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Marilyn. Yes, I have a lot to be thankful for.

      Delete
  3. Sorry your work's a pain. I hope it lightens up. Congrats on food from the allotment and free cordials and water. I don't know what an allotment or a cordial are, but at least I know getting food and water is good! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bless you, Lexa. An allotment is a patch of land we lease from the council as a veg patch. Cordial is concentrated sweetened fruit juice that is diluted with water (or sparkling wine, if you're feeling decadent).

      Delete
  4. Those are three very good reasons to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Rosemary. I really shouldn't complain.

      Delete
  5. I'm interested in the photograph - what was it and where from? x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've left you a message on FaceBook, Elaine.

      Delete