Friday 22 April 2016

Not much to celebrate today

As we've lost more celebs this week, does any of us feel like celebrating? Nevertheless, we must. So:

I have an article in the new issue of Picture Postcard Monthly. They spelt my name wrong, but hey.

I've met all but one of my work targets for the week, and I can finish that last job tomorrow. I'm only behind because I suddenly had to write an article about sweetcorn and turn it round in 24 hours (which I did), so I reckon that's a pretty good excuse.

It seems a long time ago now, but I'm also celebrating a successful yoga workshop that I ran last Sunday with my good friend and fellow teacher Penny. Today I've been looking at possible venues for the next one, which I think will be in July. 
 
Off to see son Joe and Ivory Yardsale play this evening. Well, actually it's tonight. When we walked  back from the comedy club last Saturday at just gone 11, we remarked how strange it was to see so many people heading in to town when we were going home. We shall be on the other side later on, because my boy's not due to play until half-eleven. Headlining, don't you know. I might need a lie-in tomorrow.

Celebrate the Small Things  is a blog hop. Visit Lexa's Blog for the rules, and then post every Friday about something you're grateful  for that week. Originated by VikLit) and co-hosted by L.G. Keltner @ Writing Off The Edge and Tonja Drecker @ Kidbits Blog.  

6 comments:

  1. Big congrats on placing the article and getting the corn one done so fast! I hope you find a great venue for your next yoga seminar and that you had a wonderful time watching your son in the play! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lexa. Friday evening was great fun - such a proud mum!

      Delete
  2. Sound like a productive week, Julia. How lovely to hear your son live!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's always a problem with sweetcorn but very tasty when it comes to fruition - hope that's the same with you article. Hope Ivory Yardsale are as good as normal, well done for headlining. Enjoy staying up late.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Elaine. The editor seems pleased with what I wrote - and the band were amazing.

      Delete