Thursday 1 December 2016

*smug face*

I'm just back from town with a bag of goodies for Christmas. The benefit of having a small family is that a couple of trips usually sees all the presents bought, and I've made a really good start today. The shopping centre was full of women clutching lists, closely followed by men carrying bags. OK, I generalise: I know that the reverse is often true.

And actually, given what my local MP said recently in parliament I should be more careful about gender stereotyping. Oh yes, Philip Hollobone MP (Cons) - don't blame me: I didn't vote for him - told the House that in towns like Kettering it's the men who are the football coaches and the women who wash the kit. Chump!

But back to happier things. It's 1st December, so it's time to break out the advent calendar. This year, via FaceBook, I have a 'Kindness' version - take a look here - which encourages random acts of kindness throughout December, so I thought I'd give it a go. I'm particularly looking forward to next Monday, when I am encouraged to 'Smile at everyone, today, including strangers.' Cue funny looks, methinks.

Don't worry, though, I've got myself a tasty chocolate version, too. I'm not that good!

4 comments:

  1. Random acts of kindness sounds like a really good idea. Wonder how that would play out in Miami? Would probably find myself carted off to the nut house! Enjoy your weekend.
    Marilyn from: http://www.onbecomingawriter.com/blog/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Give it a go,Marilyn and let me know what happens. Might be a story in it!

      Delete
  2. I saw that calendar but wasn't sure I could pull off being kind for a whole month!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure I can, Wendy, but I'll give it my best shot. 4/4 so far!

      Delete