Friday 29 September 2017

Celebrating the small things: goodbye, September

Despite the dire warnings from the weatherman, today has been a lovely autumn day with light winds and bright sunshine - what you'd call a 'good drying day' if you were a proper housewife.

It has been an uneventful week. It's always worth acknowledging it when nothing has gone wrong! I ventured back to a dance fitness class on Monday for the first time in many, many weeks. Same teacher, but a new venue and a new style. Goodbye, Zumba: hello, SOSA! Have you come across this? It loosely means solo samba, but I'd describe it more as Zumba Lite. It's got all the lovely Latin beats, but it's low impact. To be honest, it was a bit tame, but it no doubt did me more good than sitting on the settee.

I went for a routine midlife MOT with the practice nurse this morning, where I was pleased to learn  that my BMI, waist measurement and blood pressure are spot on. I might celebrate this evening with a glass of wine, which I'm sure is beneficial to my wellbeing.

As always, I'd love it if you could leave me a comment. Have a great weekend, folks.

6 comments:

  1. Hello Julia, what lovely positive news on your health stats!
    Happy Friday, and have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never heard of SOSA but am pretty sure Id love it. Fitsteps is my fitness class of choice at the moment - my hips complained too much in Zumba!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd never heard of it either. To be honest, I went along because it was the right time: 5.45, so I'm not starving by the end. It was fun, though.

      Delete
  3. All that exercise must be working, Julia! Love the sound of the new style Zumba - wish I could find something like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm in denial about the passing of time, Rosemary!

      Delete