Friday 3 November 2017

Celebrate the small things

I have a rather surprising celebration today. About a month ago, I took a phone call Geraldine from the Nectar Points helpline. She wanted to check my address because, she said, I'd won a prize in one of Sainsbury's Swipe to Win competitions.

In case you're not familiar with this, every so often Saisnbury's will send out marketing emails about various promotions and to take part all you have to do is click 'I'm In' or somesuch and put in your Nectar card number. Then when you buy the qualifying product in store you are automatically entered into the draw. I generally click to say I'll enter regardless of what I'm expected to buy and then think no more about it.

Anyway, Geraldine told me I'd won a 40-inch Samsung TV. Yeah right, I thought. This must be a prank.  But no: a TV has been delivered! I must have bought a Cadbury's product at just the right time. I'm not really a material girl, but I'm not sending the TV back!

Have a good weekend, folks.
If you would like to join this bloghop, send your details to laura.6eg@gmail.com  and she will do the necessary.

4 comments:

  1. What a great surprise. Enjoy your new TV.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I would never have bought one this big - it only just fits on the table - but a prize is a prize!

      Delete
  2. Wow! I've entered those sort of competitions too but never thought anyone actually won. Now I know different - congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the most expensive thing I've ever won, Sally.

      Delete